Process a transaction on the M10 reader using the Mint mPOS App
Before you start, ensure that:
- The Mint mPOS Reader is switched On.
- The Mint mPOS Reader is paired to your smartphone/ tablet.
- You have Signed In to the Mint mPOS App.
To create a sale:
- Select New Sale in the App menu.
- From the New Sale screen, enter the total sale amount in dollars and cents ignoring the decimal point (that will be added automatically).
E.g. if the sale amount is $3.50, enter 350.
Enter the item amount, then press +. Repeat for each item in the sale.
- Optional: Press Add Note to include details of the transaction. This could be an invoice number, customer name etc.
- Press Pay on the top right of the screen when you are ready to process payment.
- A confirmation screen will appear showing the total sale amount and including any surcharges that will apply. If the amount is correct and you wish to proceed, press OK.
Note: The confirmation screen can be turned on or off in App Settings.
- You will be prompted to select the card mode Tap or Insert/ Swipe the card.
- If Tap is selected:
- The card reader will display the contactless symbol
- Tap the card on the reader screen. the lights on the device will light up when the card is detected;
- The reader may ask the customer to enter a PIN, or insert/ swipe the card to process the transaction.
- With the chip facing up, insert the card into the slot at the bottom of the reader; OR
- Swipe the card through the slot at the top of the reader.
- The status of the transaction will be displayed (Approved or Declined).
- You can then share an email or SMS receipt with the customer from the App.