In the Merchant Portal, you can process refunds for transactions completed on Virtual Terminal and Hosted Payments Page only. Refunds for other products must be completed
The following instructions apply to both full and partial refunds
- Navigate to the Transactions tab in the Merchant Portal.
- Select the transaction that you wish to refund.
- Scroll down and click refund.
- Check the refund amount is correct. If you wish to process a partial refund, update the refund amount.
Note that the refund amount cannot exceed the value of the original transaction.
- Enter the payment details and click Pay Now.
Note that refunds should be processed using the same card or bank account that was originally used to process the transaction.
Instructions on how to process a refund for a transaction processed on another product can be found below:
- Refunds on a Move5000 can be seen here.
- Refunds on an mPOS M10 can be seen here.
- Refunds for eCommerce Payments can be found here - note that instructions will vary based on your eCommerce platform.